The Advanced Databases Group, LABDA, is composed by a multidisciplinary team of PhDs and professionals in the field of information technologies. This group is part of Computer Science and Engineering Department of Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. We participate in R & D projects related to human language technologies, information retrieval and extraction in several application domains, question answering systems, usability and accessibility of user interfaces. We work in close collaboration with a great number of companies
The group is part of MAVIR consortium, a research network co-
funded by the Regional Government of Madrid and the European Social Fund.
- "Digital curation technologies and their applications" seminar by Julián Moreno Schneider (DFKI, Germany) January, 26th, 16:00-18:00 Room 2.1.C08, more info here [link].
- "Exploring Convolutional Neural Networks for Sentiment Analysis of Spanish tweets" accepted at European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL 2017) [enlace página] to be held in Valencia (España) April, 3-7, 2017.
- Combining heterogeneous sources in an interactive multimedia content retrieval model [link to article] article published in Expert Systems with applications .
- Conceptual Models of Drug-Drug Interactions: A Summary of Recent Efforts [link to article] article published in Knowledge-Based Systems journal.
- LaBDA Group presented "Simplifying Drug Package Leaflets" at 7th International Symposium on Semantic Mining in Biomedicine (SMBM) (SMBM 2016) [link] workshop, Postdam (Germany) August 4-5, 2016.
- LaBDA Group presented "Using Recursive Neural Networks to detect and classify drug-drug interactions from biomedical texts" at ECAI 2016 [link] conference, The Hague August 29- September 2, 2016.
- LaBDA Group presented "LABDA at the 2016 BioASQ challenge task 4a: Semantic Indexing by using ElasticSearch" at BioASQ 2016 [link] workshop, at ACL 2016, Berlin (Germany), August 12-13, 2016.
- LaBDA Group presented "EasyLecto: Un sistema de simplificación léxica de efectos adversos presentes en prospectos de fármacos en español" demo and "Aproximacion al Aprendizaje Profundo para Extracción de Relaciones en textos biomedicos" at SEPLN 2016 [link] .
- El viernes 3 de junio 2016 estaremos en la Jornada sobre Tecnologías Lingüísticas (CervanTIC en la Universidad de Alcalá, toda la información aquí [enlace a la página de la jornada].
- Martes 24 y miércoles 25 de mayo 2016 seminario "Accessibility in egoverment services: present situation, key EU initiatives and future trends" by Dr. Jose Ángel Martínez Usero (Funka AB), toda la información aquí [enlace a la página del master].
- Participation of María Herrero-Zazo in 5th UK Ontology Network Meeting, UKON 2016, 16 April, NewCastle University (UK) with the paper "Pharmacological Data Integration for Drug-Drug Interactions: Recent Developments and Future Challenges".
- Available the web of eGovernAbility (TIN2014-52665-C2-01) project here .
- Antonio Quiros attended Babelnet Workshop, Luxembourg, 2-3 March 2016, see the schedule here.
- Turning user generated health-related content into actionable knowledge through text analytics services published in Natural Language Processing and Text Analytics in Industry special issue at Computers in Industry journal, Volume 78.
- Our colleague María Herrero Zazo , Computer Science and Technology PhD. Award 2015.
- You can request the Bigdata and Health report by Prodigioso Volcan and Planner Media here, with a contribution written by Paloma Martínez .
- Participation of Víctor Suárez Paniagua , Isabel Segura-Bedmar and Paloma Martínez at Biocreative 2015 - Fifth BioCreative Challenge Evaluation Workshop, 9-11 september, Sevilla, in CHEMDNER y CDR (Chemisal Disease Relation) tracks, see the papers Combining Conditional Random Fields and Word Embeddings for the CHEMDNER-patents task and Word Embedding Clustering for Disease Named Entity Recognition.
- More news and events